MAISON ÉCLUSIÈRE DE SAINTE LUCIE
Last update 10/05/2022
Sainte Lucie lock was built in 1872 and the former farm was transformed into the lock-keeper’s house. In 1996, the Canal du Midi, the Canal de la Robine and all the related buildings, including the lock-keeper’s house, were listed as part of UNESCO’s World Heritage programme. In 2003, the creation of the Narbonne Regional Natural Park in the Mediterranean, across the whole of eastern Aude (21 communes), and the inclusion of the Ile Sainte Lucie salt marshes and the Vieille Nouvelle beach in Port-La-Nouvelle in the Regional Natural Reserve, reinforced the outstanding biodiversity of the ensemble of its natural species.
Spoken languages : English
Equipement & services
- Activities with a specific theme
Réserve naturelle régionale de Ste Lucie
Lat. 43° 2′ 50.73″ – Lon. 3° 3′ 22.98″