CHÂTEAU DE LORDAT
Last update 31/03/2022
Overlooking the Ariège valley from the top of a 965 metre-high spur with 2 surrounding walls, Lordat is considered to be one of the largest medieval fortresses of the former county of Foix.
Comtal then royal, a Cathar refuge, it was built in several stages. First mentioned in writings in 1030, it was occupied from the 11th to the 17th century.
It offers a remarkable panorama over the valley. The walk to the castle takes approximately 10 minutes.
Guided tours in summer on Wednesdays and Sundays at 4 pm (except during events).
A range of activities and entertainment: falconry displays, treasure hunts, historical re-enactments.
Spoken languages : Spanish
From September 1, 2022 to November 1, 2022
- Adult full rate : from 7,00€ to 10,00€
- Rate for children : from 2,50€ to 7,00€
- Students rates : from 4,50€ to 7,00€
- Family rate : from 12,50€ to 29,00€
- Group rate/adult : from 2,50€ to 3,50€
- Credit card
- Cheques and postal orders (F)
- Holiday vouchers (F)
- Eurocard – Mastercard
- Money transfers
Equipement & services
- Activities with a specific theme
Lat. 42° 46′ 31.98″ – Lon. 1° 45′ 5.39″