CHÂTEAU D’USSON – MAISON DU PATRIMOINE
Last update 5/04/2023
Château d’Usson, in the canton of Quérigut, part of Donezan, emerges from the high Pyrénées forests. The fortress of the former lords of So and Alion was first mentioned at the beginning of the 11th century. After serving as a refuge for Cathar “parfaits” , it served as ramparts to protect from Spanish invasions in modern times.
Visit the remains of the castle and the Maison du Patrimoine, a visitors centre for memory and discovery, with archaeological vestiges and models.
Access to the castle via a 15-minute walk from the car park on a made road.
A range of activities and entertainment: falconry displays, treasure hunts, historical re-enactments.
From October 22, 2023 to November 3, 2023
- Adult full rate : from 4,50€
- Rate for children : from 2,50€
- Students rates : from 2,50€
- Family rate : from 12,50€
- Group rate/adult : from 4,00€
- Group rate/child : from 2,00€
- Adult full rate : from 7,00€
- Rate for children : from 4,50€
- Credit card
- Cheques and postal orders (F)
- Holiday vouchers (F)
- Eurocard – Mastercard
- Money transfers
Equipement & services
- Film projection room
- Activities with a specific theme
- Temporary exhibitions
Lat. 42° 44′ 7.93″ – Lon. 2° 5′ 16.48″