The castle of Aguilar
The castle of Aguilar (Aude-11)
lat. 42° 53" 18' - lon. 2° 43" 4'
11350 TUCHANAjouter à mon carnet
In the 12th century, the castle belongs to the lords of Termes. During the Albigensian Crusade, it is occupied by Simon de Montfort in 1210. King Louis IX establishes a garrison in 1246. The Royal Engineers alter the castle, in the late 13th century. This is one of the "five sons of Carcassonne ", who oversaw the border with Aragon. After several spanish attacks in the 14th century, it was finally abandoned in 1569.